Eclecticism, thy name is BBU. On their first Booth feature, Kurt De La Rocha, the Chi-town collective (whose stage name stands for “Bin-Laden Blowing Up”... or is it “Big, Brown & Ugly”?) throw Nirvana’s Polly in a blender with Rage Against the Machine’s Killing in the Name Of to craft a uniquely catchy, body-moving hybrid of grunge, hip-hop and rap-rock. Feeling this group’s bracing, genre-bending style? Then you’re not going to want miss their latest project, bell hooks, when it hits record stores and online retailers in late February.
Written by richard on 01/12/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.