With the beginning of the school year right around the corner, I have a feeling that many are daydreaming about jumping on a boat or plane to some exotic destination—possibly without purchasing a return ticket. Bas has the same idea on his latest EP single. Though the newly-released visuals (courtesy of an unknown director) depicts the Parisian-born, Sudanese-raised rhymesayer mentally drifting to a variety of glamorous locales, he clearly isn’t on Vacation from writing dope rhymes. The bars he delivers over Ron Gilmore‘s breezy, minimal beat are as witty and engaging as fans have come to expect. Irving Washington ties the cut together with some vocoded backing vocals. Released this April via DreamVille Bas’s Last Winter LP is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.