With the beginning of the school year right around the corner, I have a feeling that many are daydreaming about jumping on a boat or plane to some exotic destination—possibly without purchasing a return ticket. Bas has the same idea on his latest EP single. Though the newly-released visuals (courtesy of an unknown director) depicts the Parisian-born, Sudanese-raised rhymesayer mentally drifting to a variety of glamorous locales, he clearly isn’t on Vacation from writing dope rhymes. The bars he delivers over Ron Gilmore‘s breezy, minimal beat are as witty and engaging as fans have come to expect. Irving Washington ties the cut together with some vocoded backing vocals. Released this April via DreamVille Bas’s Last Winter LP is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.