Recently I joined a gym, as being in front of a computer listening to music all day is a workout for my ears, but not much else. Well, thanks to Bas’ latest effort, I can quit my gym and save some coin, because it’s already made me Stronger. On his latest cut, the artist’s first Booth feature since August’s The Season, Bas is supported by the slick boardwork of producer Jii Amadehuss, who cooks up a futuristic, whirring beat splashed with a touch of trap. Bas’ mic work is much more stalwart than the wavy instrumental, but his versatile flow is the glue that holds the record together—and his wordplay ain’t half bad, either. Stronger will appear on the artist’s Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II project, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/17/13
To write that Bas is well-traveled would be an understatement. Born in Paris to Sudanese parents, the Dreamville emcee lived in France and Qater before he called Queens home at age eight. Now, under the careful watch of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)