It’s been a minute since we last heard from Bas, and by “minute” I mean just over a year, but there’s no expiration date on good music. For his new street single, Nothin’ Is Free, the NYC emcee joins forces with producer Ogee Handz for a beat that contains both notes of the underground and the jet-set life, placing light synths over sharp percussion. From there it’s nothing but good times for Bas as he recounts a life filled with international flights, twerkin females and anything else money can buy. Bas’ life is sure to only get better when his Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. 2 mixtape drops in August, complete with beats and verses from J. Cole.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.