It’s been a minute since we last heard from Bas, and by “minute” I mean just over a year, but there’s no expiration date on good music. For his new street single, Nothin’ Is Free, the NYC emcee joins forces with producer Ogee Handz for a beat that contains both notes of the underground and the jet-set life, placing light synths over sharp percussion. From there it’s nothing but good times for Bas as he recounts a life filled with international flights, twerkin females and anything else money can buy. Bas’ life is sure to only get better when his Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. 2 mixtape drops in August, complete with beats and verses from J. Cole.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.