Fresh off garnering positive reader reviews for last week’s Black & Blue, Dreamville signee Bas is already back to feed his hungry fanbase with another fresh cut off his next street album. The sequel to a standout off 2011 debut mixtape Quarter Water Raised Me, Mook II picks up where its predecessor left off in terms of style and subject matter. BBP handles production duties, serving up a dark, organ-driven backdrop for the Queens repper’s blunted braggadocio, as well as the guest bars of B.K. newcomer Hemdi. Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II is scheduled to drop digitally before the end of May. In the meantime, fans can catch Bas collaborating with label boss J. Cole on the latter’s newly-released EP, Truly Yours 2.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Bas’ Super Mookin Fiends-directed Mook II visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.