Fresh off garnering positive reader reviews for last week’s Black & Blue, Dreamville signee Bas is already back to feed his hungry fanbase with another fresh cut off his next street album. The sequel to a standout off 2011 debut mixtape Quarter Water Raised Me, Mook II picks up where its predecessor left off in terms of style and subject matter. BBP handles production duties, serving up a dark, organ-driven backdrop for the Queens repper’s blunted braggadocio, as well as the guest bars of B.K. newcomer Hemdi. Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II is scheduled to drop digitally before the end of May. In the meantime, fans can catch Bas collaborating with label boss J. Cole on the latter’s newly-released EP, Truly Yours 2.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Bas’ Super Mookin Fiends-directed Mook II visual.
Written by richard on 08/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.