With the temperature rising and school sessions ending, many are already in a summer state of mind even though the official first day of the new season isn’t until June 21. Similarly, J.Cole’s label imprint Dreamville has its board shorts on and sunscreen in hand, looking to claim the season as theirs with several project releases. While we all know that Cole’s Born Sinner is scheduled for liftoff on June 18, Bas has already started the takeover with his latest project. One of the standout efforts off the set is Lit, which conveniently features Cole. Backed by a soulful, mellow, Miguel-sampled beat from Ced, Bas gets things started with his laid-back yet pin-point accurate flow and intriguing, charismatic lyrical style. Jermaine checks in on the song’s back end, continuing a hot streak that is backed by the airy vocals of fellow guest KQuick. Want to kick off your summer on the right
foot ear? Then download Bas’ Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II, available for free via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.