With the temperature rising and school sessions ending, many are already in a summer state of mind even though the official first day of the new season isn’t until June 21. Similarly, J.Cole’s label imprint Dreamville has its board shorts on and sunscreen in hand, looking to claim the season as theirs with several project releases. While we all know that Cole’s Born Sinner is scheduled for liftoff on June 18, Bas has already started the takeover with his latest project. One of the standout efforts off the set is Lit, which conveniently features Cole. Backed by a soulful, mellow, Miguel-sampled beat from Ced, Bas gets things started with his laid-back yet pin-point accurate flow and intriguing, charismatic lyrical style. Jermaine checks in on the song’s back end, continuing a hot streak that is backed by the airy vocals of fellow guest KQuick. Want to kick off your summer on the right
foot ear? Then download Bas’ Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II, available for free via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.