With the temperature rising and school sessions ending, many are already in a summer state of mind even though the official first day of the new season isn’t until June 21. Similarly, J.Cole’s label imprint Dreamville has its board shorts on and sunscreen in hand, looking to claim the season as theirs with several project releases. While we all know that Cole’s Born Sinner is scheduled for liftoff on June 18, Bas has already started the takeover with his latest project. One of the standout efforts off the set is Lit, which conveniently features Cole. Backed by a soulful, mellow, Miguel-sampled beat from Ced, Bas gets things started with his laid-back yet pin-point accurate flow and intriguing, charismatic lyrical style. Jermaine checks in on the song’s back end, continuing a hot streak that is backed by the airy vocals of fellow guest KQuick. Want to kick off your summer on the right
foot ear? Then download Bas’ Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II, available for free via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.