Fresh off opening for J. Cole on the US and European dates of his What Dreams May Come tour, Bas is feeling on top of the world—as well he should be. If his latest mixtape single sounds a little more downbeat than you’d imagine from a man in his position, it’s simply out of respect for the rival emcees who are Dying Fast all around him. Booth-approved duo Christian Rich man the mixing boards, crafting a cloudy, reggae-tinged beat to back the Dreamville signee as he celebrates his achievements and says “R.I.P.” to the competition. Angela McCluskey‘s reverb-drenched hook vocals enhance the record’s blunted vibe, and an unknown director’s trippy visuals round out the package. For Dying Fast and much more, check out Bas’s Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II street album, available for free download as of May.
Written by richard on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.