Fresh off opening for J. Cole on the US and European dates of his What Dreams May Come tour, Bas is feeling on top of the world—as well he should be. If his latest mixtape single sounds a little more downbeat than you’d imagine from a man in his position, it’s simply out of respect for the rival emcees who are Dying Fast all around him. Booth-approved duo Christian Rich man the mixing boards, crafting a cloudy, reggae-tinged beat to back the Dreamville signee as he celebrates his achievements and says “R.I.P.” to the competition. Angela McCluskey‘s reverb-drenched hook vocals enhance the record’s blunted vibe, and an unknown director’s trippy visuals round out the package. For Dying Fast and much more, check out Bas’s Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II street album, available for free download as of May.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!