Fresh off opening for J. Cole on the US and European dates of his What Dreams May Come tour, Bas is feeling on top of the world—as well he should be. If his latest mixtape single sounds a little more downbeat than you’d imagine from a man in his position, it’s simply out of respect for the rival emcees who are Dying Fast all around him. Booth-approved duo Christian Rich man the mixing boards, crafting a cloudy, reggae-tinged beat to back the Dreamville signee as he celebrates his achievements and says “R.I.P.” to the competition. Angela McCluskey‘s reverb-drenched hook vocals enhance the record’s blunted vibe, and an unknown director’s trippy visuals round out the package. For Dying Fast and much more, check out Bas’s Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II street album, available for free download as of May.
Written by richard on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.