Fresh off opening for J. Cole on the US and European dates of his What Dreams May Come tour, Bas is feeling on top of the world—as well he should be. If his latest mixtape single sounds a little more downbeat than you’d imagine from a man in his position, it’s simply out of respect for the rival emcees who are Dying Fast all around him. Booth-approved duo Christian Rich man the mixing boards, crafting a cloudy, reggae-tinged beat to back the Dreamville signee as he celebrates his achievements and says “R.I.P.” to the competition. Angela McCluskey‘s reverb-drenched hook vocals enhance the record’s blunted vibe, and an unknown director’s trippy visuals round out the package. For Dying Fast and much more, check out Bas’s Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II street album, available for free download as of May.
Written by richard on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.