Fresh off opening for J. Cole on the US and European dates of his What Dreams May Come tour, Bas is feeling on top of the world—as well he should be. If his latest mixtape single sounds a little more downbeat than you’d imagine from a man in his position, it’s simply out of respect for the rival emcees who are Dying Fast all around him. Booth-approved duo Christian Rich man the mixing boards, crafting a cloudy, reggae-tinged beat to back the Dreamville signee as he celebrates his achievements and says “R.I.P.” to the competition. Angela McCluskey‘s reverb-drenched hook vocals enhance the record’s blunted vibe, and an unknown director’s trippy visuals round out the package. For Dying Fast and much more, check out Bas’s Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II street album, available for free download as of May.
Written by richard on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.