Next Wednesday, I’m gonna be flying from NYC to Paris to visit friends and enjoy a little R&R. (Yes, that means you’ll be deprived of my impeccable blurb stylings for a couple weeks.) Coincidentally, Bas recently made the reverse journey, traveling from Charles de Gaulle to JFK. Whereas I’m going to be cooped up in coach, however, the Dreamville signee enjoyed all the amenities of first class, sipping complimentary Hennessey and mimosas while being fed sushi by a beautiful woman. Am I jealous? Just a little. But I can’t begrudge him for his creature comforts when he’s delivering bars as skillful and engaging as the ones he spits here, accompanied by producer Ron Gilmore‘s glittering keyboard chords. This cut is single numero uno off Bas’s major-label debut, Last Winter. Due out April 29, the LP will be the first project to drop through Dreamville‘s new deal with Interscope.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.