Next Wednesday, I’m gonna be flying from NYC to Paris to visit friends and enjoy a little R&R. (Yes, that means you’ll be deprived of my impeccable blurb stylings for a couple weeks.) Coincidentally, Bas recently made the reverse journey, traveling from Charles de Gaulle to JFK. Whereas I’m going to be cooped up in coach, however, the Dreamville signee enjoyed all the amenities of first class, sipping complimentary Hennessey and mimosas while being fed sushi by a beautiful woman. Am I jealous? Just a little. But I can’t begrudge him for his creature comforts when he’s delivering bars as skillful and engaging as the ones he spits here, accompanied by producer Ron Gilmore‘s glittering keyboard chords. This cut is single numero uno off Bas’s major-label debut, Last Winter. Due out April 29, the LP will be the first project to drop through Dreamville‘s new deal with Interscope.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.