Next Wednesday, I’m gonna be flying from NYC to Paris to visit friends and enjoy a little R&R. (Yes, that means you’ll be deprived of my impeccable blurb stylings for a couple weeks.) Coincidentally, Bas recently made the reverse journey, traveling from Charles de Gaulle to JFK. Whereas I’m going to be cooped up in coach, however, the Dreamville signee enjoyed all the amenities of first class, sipping complimentary Hennessey and mimosas while being fed sushi by a beautiful woman. Am I jealous? Just a little. But I can’t begrudge him for his creature comforts when he’s delivering bars as skillful and engaging as the ones he spits here, accompanied by producer Ron Gilmore‘s glittering keyboard chords. This cut is single numero uno off Bas’s major-label debut, Last Winter. Due out April 29, the LP will be the first project to drop through Dreamville‘s new deal with Interscope.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
When he's not turning in his Two Weeks Notice, Paris-born and Queens-raised emcee Bas is busy releasing his major label release of his debut, Last Winter. The first artist signed to J. Cole's Dreamville Records, who signed...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.