Next Wednesday, I’m gonna be flying from NYC to Paris to visit friends and enjoy a little R&R. (Yes, that means you’ll be deprived of my impeccable blurb stylings for a couple weeks.) Coincidentally, Bas recently made the reverse journey, traveling from Charles de Gaulle to JFK. Whereas I’m going to be cooped up in coach, however, the Dreamville signee enjoyed all the amenities of first class, sipping complimentary Hennessey and mimosas while being fed sushi by a beautiful woman. Am I jealous? Just a little. But I can’t begrudge him for his creature comforts when he’s delivering bars as skillful and engaging as the ones he spits here, accompanied by producer Ron Gilmore‘s glittering keyboard chords. This cut is single numero uno off Bas’s major-label debut, Last Winter. Due out April 29, the LP will be the first project to drop through Dreamville‘s new deal with Interscope.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
When he's not turning in his Two Weeks Notice, Paris-born and Queens-raised emcee Bas is busy releasing his major label release of his debut, Last Winter. The first artist signed to J. Cole's Dreamville Records, who signed...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)