Upon Googling Clams Casino, the New Jersey producer behind Bas’ latest Booth feature, I discovered that “Clams Casino” is also a savory dish wherein the crustacean is baked with bacon. While his name might sound a little odd for a producer, his work is actually a lot like the dish. I have never had Clams Casino, but anything with bacon is a winner in my book. Likewise, when I see Clams’ name attached to a new song, before I even sample it I know that it’s going to be an enjoyable experience. Black & Blue is no exception, but rest assured that CC’s trippy, intoxicating beat is not the only thing that makes the record complete. Bas’ emphatic, crisp flow rings out atop the beat, making you hang on every line the Queens native fires off. If you want to hear more from the Dreamville (J.Cole’s label) emcee be sure to keep an eye out for his forthcoming mixtape, Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!