Upon Googling Clams Casino, the New Jersey producer behind Bas’ latest Booth feature, I discovered that “Clams Casino” is also a savory dish wherein the crustacean is baked with bacon. While his name might sound a little odd for a producer, his work is actually a lot like the dish. I have never had Clams Casino, but anything with bacon is a winner in my book. Likewise, when I see Clams’ name attached to a new song, before I even sample it I know that it’s going to be an enjoyable experience. Black & Blue is no exception, but rest assured that CC’s trippy, intoxicating beat is not the only thing that makes the record complete. Bas’ emphatic, crisp flow rings out atop the beat, making you hang on every line the Queens native fires off. If you want to hear more from the Dreamville (J.Cole’s label) emcee be sure to keep an eye out for his forthcoming mixtape, Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.