Upon Googling Clams Casino, the New Jersey producer behind Bas’ latest Booth feature, I discovered that “Clams Casino” is also a savory dish wherein the crustacean is baked with bacon. While his name might sound a little odd for a producer, his work is actually a lot like the dish. I have never had Clams Casino, but anything with bacon is a winner in my book. Likewise, when I see Clams’ name attached to a new song, before I even sample it I know that it’s going to be an enjoyable experience. Black & Blue is no exception, but rest assured that CC’s trippy, intoxicating beat is not the only thing that makes the record complete. Bas’ emphatic, crisp flow rings out atop the beat, making you hang on every line the Queens native fires off. If you want to hear more from the Dreamville (J.Cole’s label) emcee be sure to keep an eye out for his forthcoming mixtape, Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/26/13
To write that Bas is well-traveled would be an understatement. Born in Paris to Sudanese parents, the Dreamville emcee lived in France and Qater before he called Queens home at age eight. Now, under the careful watch of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.