Upon Googling Clams Casino, the New Jersey producer behind Bas’ latest Booth feature, I discovered that “Clams Casino” is also a savory dish wherein the crustacean is baked with bacon. While his name might sound a little odd for a producer, his work is actually a lot like the dish. I have never had Clams Casino, but anything with bacon is a winner in my book. Likewise, when I see Clams’ name attached to a new song, before I even sample it I know that it’s going to be an enjoyable experience. Black & Blue is no exception, but rest assured that CC’s trippy, intoxicating beat is not the only thing that makes the record complete. Bas’ emphatic, crisp flow rings out atop the beat, making you hang on every line the Queens native fires off. If you want to hear more from the Dreamville (J.Cole’s label) emcee be sure to keep an eye out for his forthcoming mixtape, Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.