Upon Googling Clams Casino, the New Jersey producer behind Bas’ latest Booth feature, I discovered that “Clams Casino” is also a savory dish wherein the crustacean is baked with bacon. While his name might sound a little odd for a producer, his work is actually a lot like the dish. I have never had Clams Casino, but anything with bacon is a winner in my book. Likewise, when I see Clams’ name attached to a new song, before I even sample it I know that it’s going to be an enjoyable experience. Black & Blue is no exception, but rest assured that CC’s trippy, intoxicating beat is not the only thing that makes the record complete. Bas’ emphatic, crisp flow rings out atop the beat, making you hang on every line the Queens native fires off. If you want to hear more from the Dreamville (J.Cole’s label) emcee be sure to keep an eye out for his forthcoming mixtape, Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. II.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.