When it comes to hip-hop Americans have a hard time taking anything not made within our shores seriously, especially if they’re British (those accents are just so damn cute). But our xenophobic stereotypes aside, there’s actually a lot of serious rhyme skills coming from across the Atlantic. Case in point: the slightly crazy Baron Von Alias, making his DJBooth premiere with his spacey new banger Overlord. Over an electronically heavy beat from producer Steesh the Baron spits a flow that alternates between slowly winding words and rapid fire lyrical bursts, proving the man’s got some legit microphone abilities. Joining him on Overload are fellow Brits Foreign Beggars, who give the track an additional boost of verbal insanity (as if it needed it). American audiences, myself included, may have trouble truly digging the Baron, but there’s no denying his skill. Overload is a promo single off BVA’s brand new album Time Piece, available online now.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Move Over" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.