When it comes to hip-hop Americans have a hard time taking anything not made within our shores seriously, especially if they’re British (those accents are just so damn cute). But our xenophobic stereotypes aside, there’s actually a lot of serious rhyme skills coming from across the Atlantic. Case in point: the slightly crazy Baron Von Alias, making his DJBooth premiere with his spacey new banger Overlord. Over an electronically heavy beat from producer Steesh the Baron spits a flow that alternates between slowly winding words and rapid fire lyrical bursts, proving the man’s got some legit microphone abilities. Joining him on Overload are fellow Brits Foreign Beggars, who give the track an additional boost of verbal insanity (as if it needed it). American audiences, myself included, may have trouble truly digging the Baron, but there’s no denying his skill. Overload is a promo single off BVA’s brand new album Time Piece, available online now.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Move Over" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.