When it comes to hip-hop Americans have a hard time taking anything not made within our shores seriously, especially if they’re British (those accents are just so damn cute). But our xenophobic stereotypes aside, there’s actually a lot of serious rhyme skills coming from across the Atlantic. Case in point: the slightly crazy Baron Von Alias, making his DJBooth premiere with his spacey new banger Overlord. Over an electronically heavy beat from producer Steesh the Baron spits a flow that alternates between slowly winding words and rapid fire lyrical bursts, proving the man’s got some legit microphone abilities. Joining him on Overload are fellow Brits Foreign Beggars, who give the track an additional boost of verbal insanity (as if it needed it). American audiences, myself included, may have trouble truly digging the Baron, but there’s no denying his skill. Overload is a promo single off BVA’s brand new album Time Piece, available online now.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Move Over" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.