A common Perception of rappers is that they are gun-toting thugs who only rhyme about girls and crime. Needless to say, that is a misconception. The best part about hip-hop is that anyone who loves the culture and wants to make great music can do so—not just “gangsta” types. Barak The Rapper is the perfect example. Rocking jeans and a fitted, he looks rather unassuming, but with the mic in his hands he becomes something special. Backed by a smooth piano beat by The Militia, the L.A.-by-way-of-Israel emcee addresses the misconceptions that come with being a Caucasian rapper. His charismatic flow and fun, yet introspective bars demonstrate that you definitely can’t judge a book by its cover. This exclusive world premiere is the lead single off Barak and The Militia’s Booth-hosted Tel-Aviv to Joburg EP, due out February 25.
Update: We have added the Alexander Pierce-directed visuals for Barak’s Perception single.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/14
L.A.-by-way-of-Tel Aviv emcee Barak The Rapper and South African beatsmith The Militia have come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their debut collaborative street release, Tel Aviv to Joburg. The project packs a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Someone" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.