A common Perception of rappers is that they are gun-toting thugs who only rhyme about girls and crime. Needless to say, that is a misconception. The best part about hip-hop is that anyone who loves the culture and wants to make great music can do so—not just “gangsta” types. Barak The Rapper is the perfect example. Rocking jeans and a fitted, he looks rather unassuming, but with the mic in his hands he becomes something special. Backed by a smooth piano beat by The Militia, the L.A.-by-way-of-Israel emcee addresses the misconceptions that come with being a Caucasian rapper. His charismatic flow and fun, yet introspective bars demonstrate that you definitely can’t judge a book by its cover. This exclusive world premiere is the lead single off Barak and The Militia’s Booth-hosted Tel-Aviv to Joburg EP, due out February 25.
Update: We have added the Alexander Pierce-directed visuals for Barak’s Perception single.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Someone" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)