A common Perception of rappers is that they are gun-toting thugs who only rhyme about girls and crime. Needless to say, that is a misconception. The best part about hip-hop is that anyone who loves the culture and wants to make great music can do so—not just “gangsta” types. Barak The Rapper is the perfect example. Rocking jeans and a fitted, he looks rather unassuming, but with the mic in his hands he becomes something special. Backed by a smooth piano beat by The Militia, the L.A.-by-way-of-Israel emcee addresses the misconceptions that come with being a Caucasian rapper. His charismatic flow and fun, yet introspective bars demonstrate that you definitely can’t judge a book by its cover. This exclusive world premiere is the lead single off Barak and The Militia’s Booth-hosted Tel-Aviv to Joburg EP, due out February 25.
Update: We have added the Alexander Pierce-directed visuals for Barak’s Perception single.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Someone" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.