A common Perception of rappers is that they are gun-toting thugs who only rhyme about girls and crime. Needless to say, that is a misconception. The best part about hip-hop is that anyone who loves the culture and wants to make great music can do so—not just “gangsta” types. Barak The Rapper is the perfect example. Rocking jeans and a fitted, he looks rather unassuming, but with the mic in his hands he becomes something special. Backed by a smooth piano beat by The Militia, the L.A.-by-way-of-Israel emcee addresses the misconceptions that come with being a Caucasian rapper. His charismatic flow and fun, yet introspective bars demonstrate that you definitely can’t judge a book by its cover. This exclusive world premiere is the lead single off Barak and The Militia’s Booth-hosted Tel-Aviv to Joburg EP, due out February 25.
Update: We have added the Alexander Pierce-directed visuals for Barak’s Perception single.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Someone" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.