A common Perception of rappers is that they are gun-toting thugs who only rhyme about girls and crime. Needless to say, that is a misconception. The best part about hip-hop is that anyone who loves the culture and wants to make great music can do so—not just “gangsta” types. Barak The Rapper is the perfect example. Rocking jeans and a fitted, he looks rather unassuming, but with the mic in his hands he becomes something special. Backed by a smooth piano beat by The Militia, the L.A.-by-way-of-Israel emcee addresses the misconceptions that come with being a Caucasian rapper. His charismatic flow and fun, yet introspective bars demonstrate that you definitely can’t judge a book by its cover. This exclusive world premiere is the lead single off Barak and The Militia’s Booth-hosted Tel-Aviv to Joburg EP, due out February 25.
Update: We have added the Alexander Pierce-directed visuals for Barak’s Perception single.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Someone" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.