Cash, groupies, luxury goods—to Booth newcomer Barak the Rapper, that’s all gravy. Above all else, the Tel Aviv-born, L.A.-based emcee is driven by the simple desire to Be Somebody. On his first feature and current single, beatsmith Goldo retools Fast Cars, a 1988 hit by singer/songwriter Tracy Chapman, into a tuneful backdrop for verses chronicling Barak’s efforts to make a name for himself in the rap game. All the fame and accomplishments, however, mean nothing if he can’t enjoy them with a certain girl by his side. On the front, he assures her, “This ain’t just my dream, this is something we share / Together we gon’ make it, and that I swear.” Alexander Pierce directs the accompanying visuals. Fans will be able to find Be Somebody and much more on Barak’s Fast Cars EP, set to drop digitally November 12.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)