Cash, groupies, luxury goods—to Booth newcomer Barak the Rapper, that’s all gravy. Above all else, the Tel Aviv-born, L.A.-based emcee is driven by the simple desire to Be Somebody. On his first feature and current single, beatsmith Goldo retools Fast Cars, a 1988 hit by singer/songwriter Tracy Chapman, into a tuneful backdrop for verses chronicling Barak’s efforts to make a name for himself in the rap game. All the fame and accomplishments, however, mean nothing if he can’t enjoy them with a certain girl by his side. On the front, he assures her, “This ain’t just my dream, this is something we share / Together we gon’ make it, and that I swear.” Alexander Pierce directs the accompanying visuals. Fans will be able to find Be Somebody and much more on Barak’s Fast Cars EP, set to drop digitally November 12.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.