Cash, groupies, luxury goods—to Booth newcomer Barak the Rapper, that’s all gravy. Above all else, the Tel Aviv-born, L.A.-based emcee is driven by the simple desire to Be Somebody. On his first feature and current single, beatsmith Goldo retools Fast Cars, a 1988 hit by singer/songwriter Tracy Chapman, into a tuneful backdrop for verses chronicling Barak’s efforts to make a name for himself in the rap game. All the fame and accomplishments, however, mean nothing if he can’t enjoy them with a certain girl by his side. On the front, he assures her, “This ain’t just my dream, this is something we share / Together we gon’ make it, and that I swear.” Alexander Pierce directs the accompanying visuals. Fans will be able to find Be Somebody and much more on Barak’s Fast Cars EP, set to drop digitally November 12.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.