Cash, groupies, luxury goods—to Booth newcomer Barak the Rapper, that’s all gravy. Above all else, the Tel Aviv-born, L.A.-based emcee is driven by the simple desire to Be Somebody. On his first feature and current single, beatsmith Goldo retools Fast Cars, a 1988 hit by singer/songwriter Tracy Chapman, into a tuneful backdrop for verses chronicling Barak’s efforts to make a name for himself in the rap game. All the fame and accomplishments, however, mean nothing if he can’t enjoy them with a certain girl by his side. On the front, he assures her, “This ain’t just my dream, this is something we share / Together we gon’ make it, and that I swear.” Alexander Pierce directs the accompanying visuals. Fans will be able to find Be Somebody and much more on Barak’s Fast Cars EP, set to drop digitally November 12.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.