After a tough break up, the last thing you want to hear is your ex’s best friend telling you everything that you did wrong… except, of course, if that best friend is BANKS. At least when you hear that you’re alone and that the ex-girlfriend is a true Goddess, it’ll sound so sweet. The formless beat from producer Lil Silva is gentle on your feelings, while the indie talent grounds you with her lyrics. It’s like taking a whole lot of sugar, your favorite melodrama, and a tub of extra fatty ice cream with your medicine. So if you’re feeling colder now that the sun to your universe has vanished, you’ll be able to wail along with the harmonizing cries of the alt-R&B singer. Goddess serves as the lead single and the title track from BANKS’ forthcoming debut album, due out September 9, via Harvest Records.
Written by Bryan H on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.