After a tough break up, the last thing you want to hear is your ex’s best friend telling you everything that you did wrong… except, of course, if that best friend is BANKS. At least when you hear that you’re alone and that the ex-girlfriend is a true Goddess, it’ll sound so sweet. The formless beat from producer Lil Silva is gentle on your feelings, while the indie talent grounds you with her lyrics. It’s like taking a whole lot of sugar, your favorite melodrama, and a tub of extra fatty ice cream with your medicine. So if you’re feeling colder now that the sun to your universe has vanished, you’ll be able to wail along with the harmonizing cries of the alt-R&B singer. Goddess serves as the lead single and the title track from BANKS’ forthcoming debut album, due out September 9, via Harvest Records.
Written by Bryan H on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.