On her last single, album title track Goddess, alt-R&B buzzmaker BANKS took a guy to task for his shoddy treatment of an ex-girlfriend. Male callousness and romantic strife are also prominent themes of follow-up Drowning, but this time it’s the singer herself who’s suffering for love. Here, Al Shux‘s atmospheric synths accompany Banks as she warns a thoughtless man of the karmic retribution that’s headed his way. For this caustic, yet eminently smooth cut and much more, cop BANKS’s Goddess LP when it hits record stores and online retailers September 19, via Harvest Records.
Written by richard on 05/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.