On her last single, album title track Goddess, alt-R&B buzzmaker BANKS took a guy to task for his shoddy treatment of an ex-girlfriend. Male callousness and romantic strife are also prominent themes of follow-up Drowning, but this time it’s the singer herself who’s suffering for love. Here, Al Shux‘s atmospheric synths accompany Banks as she warns a thoughtless man of the karmic retribution that’s headed his way. For this caustic, yet eminently smooth cut and much more, cop BANKS’s Goddess LP when it hits record stores and online retailers September 19, via Harvest Records.
Written by richard on 05/19/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.