On her last single, album title track Goddess, alt-R&B buzzmaker BANKS took a guy to task for his shoddy treatment of an ex-girlfriend. Male callousness and romantic strife are also prominent themes of follow-up Drowning, but this time it’s the singer herself who’s suffering for love. Here, Al Shux‘s atmospheric synths accompany Banks as she warns a thoughtless man of the karmic retribution that’s headed his way. For this caustic, yet eminently smooth cut and much more, cop BANKS’s Goddess LP when it hits record stores and online retailers September 19, via Harvest Records.
Written by richard on 05/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.