Introduced to our pages via September’s reader-approved This Is What It Feels Like, indie R&B songstress BANKS returns to the Booth with a fresh single off her latest EP. But this version of Change has undergone a few, uh, changes from its original incarnation. Whereas its prototype (not featured on our pages) featured a slowly-building live arrangement by Tim Anderson, the remix gets an added shot of adrenaline courtesy of Dream Koala. The European beatsmith’s instrumental incorporates heavier synths, vocal sampling and a more powerful percussion rhythm, but leaves enough aural space to preserve the impact of the Harvest Records signee’s emotionally raw verses. Fans can find the original version of Change and much more on BANKS’ London EP, out on iTunes as of September 26.
Written by richard on 12/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.