Introduced to our pages via September’s reader-approved This Is What It Feels Like, indie R&B songstress BANKS returns to the Booth with a fresh single off her latest EP. But this version of Change has undergone a few, uh, changes from its original incarnation. Whereas its prototype (not featured on our pages) featured a slowly-building live arrangement by Tim Anderson, the remix gets an added shot of adrenaline courtesy of Dream Koala. The European beatsmith’s instrumental incorporates heavier synths, vocal sampling and a more powerful percussion rhythm, but leaves enough aural space to preserve the impact of the Harvest Records signee’s emotionally raw verses. Fans can find the original version of Change and much more on BANKS’ London EP, out on iTunes as of September 26.
Written by richard on 12/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.