Introduced to our pages via September’s reader-approved This Is What It Feels Like, indie R&B songstress BANKS returns to the Booth with a fresh single off her latest EP. But this version of Change has undergone a few, uh, changes from its original incarnation. Whereas its prototype (not featured on our pages) featured a slowly-building live arrangement by Tim Anderson, the remix gets an added shot of adrenaline courtesy of Dream Koala. The European beatsmith’s instrumental incorporates heavier synths, vocal sampling and a more powerful percussion rhythm, but leaves enough aural space to preserve the impact of the Harvest Records signee’s emotionally raw verses. Fans can find the original version of Change and much more on BANKS’ London EP, out on iTunes as of September 26.
Written by richard on 12/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.