Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
BANKS‘s last feature, a Dream Koala-produced remix of Change, found the singer caught in the grips of a dysfunctional relationship with a guy who never failed to find something about her to criticize. Apparently, he’s not such a prize, himself; on freshly-released promo cut Brain, the alt-R&B buzzmaker goes on the offensive, tearing into her man for his transparent efforts to look “hard” and intelligent. Shlohmo, the beatsmith who linked up with Jeremih to bring us 2013’s Bo Peep, crafts an understated, yet subtly menacing synth backdrop for the artist’s caustic verses. Brain isn’t part of a larger album… yet. If and when that changes, though, Booth readers will be the first to know.
Update: We have added the Barnaby Roper-directed visuals for BANKS’ Brain single.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.