On her last feature, BANKS was “drowning for love.” Two months later, the Harvest Records songstress has managed to catch her breath, but now she’s got a gaping wound to contend with. Talk about bad f**king luck. As she puts it on her latest single, addressing a man in her life, “You got me Beggin for Thread to sew this hole up that you ripped in my head.” Producers Jesse Rogg and Tim Anderson join forces behind the boards, crafting an upbeat synth backdrop for the singer’s oblique, yet catchy verses and hook. Craving more? Then keep it locked for further singles leading up to the September 9, release of BANKS’ Goddess LP.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This is What it Feels Like" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.