You’ve got to admire the way Bangladesh‘s mind works. Where other producers dig through crates endlessly to find the perfect loop for their latest beat, he seems to be able to find inspiration in any random snippet of audio that hits his eardrums. Case in point: new solo single 100, which finds the heavyweight beatsmith and sometime emcee flipping what sounds like a text-to-speech rendition of the title phrase into the backdrop for a bass-bumping reflection on the intricacies of keeping it real amidst the glitz and glamour of the music game. In addition to delivering a middle 16 packed with grimy trash talk and braggaodcocio (“Tell the whole world to suck my cockiness / My checks eight figures like an octopus.”), the beatsmith solicits guest rhymes from the high-profile collaborators; Pusha T reminds us that “keys open doors” on the front, and Jadakiss follows him up with a second verse touting his taste in women and chandeliers. On the back, 2 Chainz upholds his tradition of revealing at least one bizarre fact about his sex life on every record, admitting, “I go to trial Monday, been takin’ panties.” While the album to which this record will be attached has yet to receive a drop date, fans can look forward to the release of 100‘s recently-wrapped official visuals later this month.
Written by richard on 06/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls Love Me ft. Rick Ross & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)