You’ve got to admire the way Bangladesh‘s mind works. Where other producers dig through crates endlessly to find the perfect loop for their latest beat, he seems to be able to find inspiration in any random snippet of audio that hits his eardrums. Case in point: new solo single 100, which finds the heavyweight beatsmith and sometime emcee flipping what sounds like a text-to-speech rendition of the title phrase into the backdrop for a bass-bumping reflection on the intricacies of keeping it real amidst the glitz and glamour of the music game. In addition to delivering a middle 16 packed with grimy trash talk and braggaodcocio (“Tell the whole world to suck my cockiness / My checks eight figures like an octopus.”), the beatsmith solicits guest rhymes from the high-profile collaborators; Pusha T reminds us that “keys open doors” on the front, and Jadakiss follows him up with a second verse touting his taste in women and chandeliers. On the back, 2 Chainz upholds his tradition of revealing at least one bizarre fact about his sex life on every record, admitting, “I go to trial Monday, been takin’ panties.” While the album to which this record will be attached has yet to receive a drop date, fans can look forward to the release of 100‘s recently-wrapped official visuals later this month.
Written by richard on 06/13/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls Love Me ft. Rick Ross & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)