The last time Bang, You’re Dead dropped a record at the Booth, they traveled to Arizona, making us confident that they’ll continue to take us on a ride. Now, they team up with Def Jam‘s Wax and New Orleans’s wordsmith Know One for their latest offering, Meat Market, to push another volt of electricity through your musical veins. Bang, You’re Dead matches wit with will in this paced delivery of rhymes and sounds that make this song a perfect fit for the Kill Bill Vol. 3 soundtrack (if, you know, Tarantino were to ever make another one). Quickie Mart, the production-gifted half of BYD, puts together a dramatic spin of guitars and horns that for music that’s as raw as it is rap, effortlessly flipping hip-hop lovers on their heads; a feeling only enhanced by Wax’s always off-kilter flow and Know’s verbal acrobatics. While this single is unattached to a larger project, for more boundary pushing check out the release of Bang’s Alive remix, dropping on Valentine’s Day on Beatport.com, and watch Wax rip it live with The DJBooth at SXSW on March 17.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 02/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.