The last time Bang, You’re Dead dropped a record at the Booth, they traveled to Arizona, making us confident that they’ll continue to take us on a ride. Now, they team up with Def Jam‘s Wax and New Orleans’s wordsmith Know One for their latest offering, Meat Market, to push another volt of electricity through your musical veins. Bang, You’re Dead matches wit with will in this paced delivery of rhymes and sounds that make this song a perfect fit for the Kill Bill Vol. 3 soundtrack (if, you know, Tarantino were to ever make another one). Quickie Mart, the production-gifted half of BYD, puts together a dramatic spin of guitars and horns that for music that’s as raw as it is rap, effortlessly flipping hip-hop lovers on their heads; a feeling only enhanced by Wax’s always off-kilter flow and Know’s verbal acrobatics. While this single is unattached to a larger project, for more boundary pushing check out the release of Bang’s Alive remix, dropping on Valentine’s Day on Beatport.com, and watch Wax rip it live with The DJBooth at SXSW on March 17.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 02/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.