You can always count on Bambu to pair infectious grooves with a powerful message. Fresh off putting down for guerrilla revolutionaries at home and and abroad on the trunk-banging Rent Money, the Los Angeles emcee returns to our pages with pro-Filipino party anthem So Many (Remix). Here, ESTA‘s scorching synth arpeggios and bass-heavy rhythm back the headliner and fellow Filipino-American L.A, repper Roscoe Umali (newly-added for the remix) as they delve into their culture and history—even mixing in a few bars in the Filipino language. For the original version of So Many, check out ...One Rifle Per Family, available now for digital purchase via iTunes. Fans in the Bay Area will have the chance to see Bambu perform live this Friday, October 18, when his Rent Money tour visits San Francisco venue 330 Rich.
Written by richard on 10/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.