If you’ve noticed things heating up on the Pacific Coast, you ain’t the only one. On a new selection off his latest mixtape (premiered Saturday via 2DopeBoyz), Bambu makes a similar observation, spitting, “It feel hotter than Last Year homie, boom ping ping.” And it’s not just climate change that’s got him hot under the collar. Backed by D-Styles’ tension-fraught production, the artist speaks out against prison privatization, the surveillance state and, most provocatively, regulation of firearm sales (“Gun control mean two hands / I don’t trust them laws.”). In between Bambu’s bracing verses, Styles jumps behind the wheels of steel to serve up some authentic cuts and scratches. Sun of a Gun currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details on the street album, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.