What’s something that Los Angeles and Pinkberry have in common? They’ve both been pumping out some of my favorite things in recent months. While places like Pinkberry and Orange Leaf have vanilla yogurt with cheesecake bits, Los Angeles has artists sprinkled with backpack, hipster, and gangster influences. From Pac Div to TiRon to Dom Kennedy, there’s a wide array of flavors to choose from. Enter Bambu. Although this is Bambu’s second feature on DJBooth, this is my personal introduction to the emcee and I must say that I was pleased with the results of our informal meeting. Today he brings us Correctly Done, a Digital Martyrs-produced track with a laid-back vibe that’ll make you feel like going straight to a cookout with your “Kiss the Cook” apron. Thurzday of U-N-I makes a guest appearance on the record, which you can find on Bambu’s ...paper cuts… EP (out now), but the headliner takes the proverbial cake. Let’s see if the DJBooth will be pumping this into their mixes.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.