What’s something that Los Angeles and Pinkberry have in common? They’ve both been pumping out some of my favorite things in recent months. While places like Pinkberry and Orange Leaf have vanilla yogurt with cheesecake bits, Los Angeles has artists sprinkled with backpack, hipster, and gangster influences. From Pac Div to TiRon to Dom Kennedy, there’s a wide array of flavors to choose from. Enter Bambu. Although this is Bambu’s second feature on DJBooth, this is my personal introduction to the emcee and I must say that I was pleased with the results of our informal meeting. Today he brings us Correctly Done, a Digital Martyrs-produced track with a laid-back vibe that’ll make you feel like going straight to a cookout with your “Kiss the Cook” apron. Thurzday of U-N-I makes a guest appearance on the record, which you can find on Bambu’s ...paper cuts… EP (out now), but the headliner takes the proverbial cake. Let’s see if the DJBooth will be pumping this into their mixes.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.