What’s something that Los Angeles and Pinkberry have in common? They’ve both been pumping out some of my favorite things in recent months. While places like Pinkberry and Orange Leaf have vanilla yogurt with cheesecake bits, Los Angeles has artists sprinkled with backpack, hipster, and gangster influences. From Pac Div to TiRon to Dom Kennedy, there’s a wide array of flavors to choose from. Enter Bambu. Although this is Bambu’s second feature on DJBooth, this is my personal introduction to the emcee and I must say that I was pleased with the results of our informal meeting. Today he brings us Correctly Done, a Digital Martyrs-produced track with a laid-back vibe that’ll make you feel like going straight to a cookout with your “Kiss the Cook” apron. Thurzday of U-N-I makes a guest appearance on the record, which you can find on Bambu’s ...paper cuts… EP (out now), but the headliner takes the proverbial cake. Let’s see if the DJBooth will be pumping this into their mixes.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.