What’s something that Los Angeles and Pinkberry have in common? They’ve both been pumping out some of my favorite things in recent months. While places like Pinkberry and Orange Leaf have vanilla yogurt with cheesecake bits, Los Angeles has artists sprinkled with backpack, hipster, and gangster influences. From Pac Div to TiRon to Dom Kennedy, there’s a wide array of flavors to choose from. Enter Bambu. Although this is Bambu’s second feature on DJBooth, this is my personal introduction to the emcee and I must say that I was pleased with the results of our informal meeting. Today he brings us Correctly Done, a Digital Martyrs-produced track with a laid-back vibe that’ll make you feel like going straight to a cookout with your “Kiss the Cook” apron. Thurzday of U-N-I makes a guest appearance on the record, which you can find on Bambu’s ...paper cuts… EP (out now), but the headliner takes the proverbial cake. Let’s see if the DJBooth will be pumping this into their mixes.
Listen to More: Bambu Written by Ivan Ibarra
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.