You seldom listen to a conscious record and feel the need to dance. Sure, there may have been some head-nodding records here and there, but can you really imagine yourself dancing to Talib Kweli’s Get By? Occasionally, though, you do get that rarity. Ladies and gentlemen, today we have that record courtesy of Los Angeles emcee Bambu, via Box’d Up. With funky production and additional vocals provided by Sabzi, Bambu shines some light on currently incarcerated friends and acquaintances, reminding them to keep their heads up. The song plays out in the form a letter, as Bambu speaks to the listener as if speaking to a friend locked up, while also discussing the injustices of the prison system. At the end of it all, Bambu provides both a positive and head-nodding record for you to jam to on your lazy Sunday. His forthcoming release, the hilariously titled Inglewood Humperdink, is due out spring 2012.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.