In the title line of my favorite track off Public Enemy’s It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Chuck D boasts, “I’m even lethal when I’m unarmed / ‘Cause I’m louder than a bomb.” More of a traditionalist, Bambu acknowledges that the sword (or the AK) can be an effective attention-getter when the pen (or mic) alone doesn’t work. On new single Boom, the Los Angeles emcee reminds us that revolutionary rhetoric must be paired with the readiness to act, spitting, “When you say it in a song, it ain’t nearly quite as strong / As when you say the same thing with a rifle in your arm.” Joining the headliner over Jake One‘s head-noddable production (featuring a sample from Da Lench Mob’s Guerillas in the Mist on the back), Booth fave Thurz lends his vocals to the record’s hook. Featuring this cut, past singles Rent Money and Sermon, and more, ...One Rifle Per Family is available now on iTunes. Additionally, fans in New York, Philly, San Diego and L.A. can catch Bambu performing live on the last four stops in his Rent Money Tour, going down November 15 - 18.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.