In the title line of my favorite track off Public Enemy’s It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Chuck D boasts, “I’m even lethal when I’m unarmed / ‘Cause I’m louder than a bomb.” More of a traditionalist, Bambu acknowledges that the sword (or the AK) can be an effective attention-getter when the pen (or mic) alone doesn’t work. On new single Boom, the Los Angeles emcee reminds us that revolutionary rhetoric must be paired with the readiness to act, spitting, “When you say it in a song, it ain’t nearly quite as strong / As when you say the same thing with a rifle in your arm.” Joining the headliner over Jake One‘s head-noddable production (featuring a sample from Da Lench Mob’s Guerillas in the Mist on the back), Booth fave Thurz lends his vocals to the record’s hook. Featuring this cut, past singles Rent Money and Sermon, and more, ...One Rifle Per Family is available now on iTunes. Additionally, fans in New York, Philly, San Diego and L.A. can catch Bambu performing live on the last four stops in his Rent Money Tour, going down November 15 - 18.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.