In the title line of my favorite track off Public Enemy’s It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Chuck D boasts, “I’m even lethal when I’m unarmed / ‘Cause I’m louder than a bomb.” More of a traditionalist, Bambu acknowledges that the sword (or the AK) can be an effective attention-getter when the pen (or mic) alone doesn’t work. On new single Boom, the Los Angeles emcee reminds us that revolutionary rhetoric must be paired with the readiness to act, spitting, “When you say it in a song, it ain’t nearly quite as strong / As when you say the same thing with a rifle in your arm.” Joining the headliner over Jake One‘s head-noddable production (featuring a sample from Da Lench Mob’s Guerillas in the Mist on the back), Booth fave Thurz lends his vocals to the record’s hook. Featuring this cut, past singles Rent Money and Sermon, and more, ...One Rifle Per Family is available now on iTunes. Additionally, fans in New York, Philly, San Diego and L.A. can catch Bambu performing live on the last four stops in his Rent Money Tour, going down November 15 - 18.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.