In the title line of my favorite track off Public Enemy’s It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Chuck D boasts, “I’m even lethal when I’m unarmed / ‘Cause I’m louder than a bomb.” More of a traditionalist, Bambu acknowledges that the sword (or the AK) can be an effective attention-getter when the pen (or mic) alone doesn’t work. On new single Boom, the Los Angeles emcee reminds us that revolutionary rhetoric must be paired with the readiness to act, spitting, “When you say it in a song, it ain’t nearly quite as strong / As when you say the same thing with a rifle in your arm.” Joining the headliner over Jake One‘s head-noddable production (featuring a sample from Da Lench Mob’s Guerillas in the Mist on the back), Booth fave Thurz lends his vocals to the record’s hook. Featuring this cut, past singles Rent Money and Sermon, and more, ...One Rifle Per Family is available now on iTunes. Additionally, fans in New York, Philly, San Diego and L.A. can catch Bambu performing live on the last four stops in his Rent Money Tour, going down November 15 - 18.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Queen Is Dead" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.