As the calendar has flipped to 2008, another underground Miami artist readies his name for mainstream exposure. In this case it’s Little Haiti representative Ballgreezy, and the remix to the localized club hit, Shone. As an up-incoming artist from the 305, who better to scoop up for a feature than SoFlo’s boss, Rick Ross? Alternatively, it’s not the best move to put Ross’ on first verse duty; no matter how good everything else sounds, the major label, established artist always outshines the newcomer. With that said, Gorilla Tek‘s hypnotic production should nonetheless give Shone some proper shine and maybe even help Ballgreezy get a major deal (we hear Universal Republic is scouting).
Written by Burmy on 01/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.