As the calendar has flipped to 2008, another underground Miami artist readies his name for mainstream exposure. In this case it’s Little Haiti representative Ballgreezy, and the remix to the localized club hit, Shone. As an up-incoming artist from the 305, who better to scoop up for a feature than SoFlo’s boss, Rick Ross? Alternatively, it’s not the best move to put Ross’ on first verse duty; no matter how good everything else sounds, the major label, established artist always outshines the newcomer. With that said, Gorilla Tek‘s hypnotic production should nonetheless give Shone some proper shine and maybe even help Ballgreezy get a major deal (we hear Universal Republic is scouting).
Written by Burmy on 01/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.