As the calendar has flipped to 2008, another underground Miami artist readies his name for mainstream exposure. In this case it’s Little Haiti representative Ballgreezy, and the remix to the localized club hit, Shone. As an up-incoming artist from the 305, who better to scoop up for a feature than SoFlo’s boss, Rick Ross? Alternatively, it’s not the best move to put Ross’ on first verse duty; no matter how good everything else sounds, the major label, established artist always outshines the newcomer. With that said, Gorilla Tek‘s hypnotic production should nonetheless give Shone some proper shine and maybe even help Ballgreezy get a major deal (we hear Universal Republic is scouting).
Written by Burmy on 01/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.