As the calendar has flipped to 2008, another underground Miami artist readies his name for mainstream exposure. In this case it’s Little Haiti representative Ballgreezy, and the remix to the localized club hit, Shone. As an up-incoming artist from the 305, who better to scoop up for a feature than SoFlo’s boss, Rick Ross? Alternatively, it’s not the best move to put Ross’ on first verse duty; no matter how good everything else sounds, the major label, established artist always outshines the newcomer. With that said, Gorilla Tek‘s hypnotic production should nonetheless give Shone some proper shine and maybe even help Ballgreezy get a major deal (we hear Universal Republic is scouting).
Written by Burmy on 01/10/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.