As the calendar has flipped to 2008, another underground Miami artist readies his name for mainstream exposure. In this case it’s Little Haiti representative Ballgreezy, and the remix to the localized club hit, Shone. As an up-incoming artist from the 305, who better to scoop up for a feature than SoFlo’s boss, Rick Ross? Alternatively, it’s not the best move to put Ross’ on first verse duty; no matter how good everything else sounds, the major label, established artist always outshines the newcomer. With that said, Gorilla Tek‘s hypnotic production should nonetheless give Shone some proper shine and maybe even help Ballgreezy get a major deal (we hear Universal Republic is scouting).
Written by Burmy on 01/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.