Have a big date coming up? Maybe an anniversary? I know just what you need…You. No, not you as in yourself, but rather You, an exclusive DJBooth premiere from indie crooner Ballad. Of course, you can’t let that special someone know how you feel with just any old song. You need something to create the perfect atmosphere, which is the case thanks to production work from co-producers Jay Muse and Dave Menz. The pair create a shrouded backdrop that is laced with a heavy string arrangement and some powerful drums for that extra touch of passion. Speaking of passion, Ballad’s performance oozes it. The Boston-based singer has plenty of power in his vocals, but he mixes it with a smooth, fluid approach to create that signature R&B sound. This effort is not part of anything larger, but if You need more, check out February feature Love You Down.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.