Have a big date coming up? Maybe an anniversary? I know just what you need…You. No, not you as in yourself, but rather You, an exclusive DJBooth premiere from indie crooner Ballad. Of course, you can’t let that special someone know how you feel with just any old song. You need something to create the perfect atmosphere, which is the case thanks to production work from co-producers Jay Muse and Dave Menz. The pair create a shrouded backdrop that is laced with a heavy string arrangement and some powerful drums for that extra touch of passion. Speaking of passion, Ballad’s performance oozes it. The Boston-based singer has plenty of power in his vocals, but he mixes it with a smooth, fluid approach to create that signature R&B sound. This effort is not part of anything larger, but if You need more, check out February feature Love You Down.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.