Have a big date coming up? Maybe an anniversary? I know just what you need…You. No, not you as in yourself, but rather You, an exclusive DJBooth premiere from indie crooner Ballad. Of course, you can’t let that special someone know how you feel with just any old song. You need something to create the perfect atmosphere, which is the case thanks to production work from co-producers Jay Muse and Dave Menz. The pair create a shrouded backdrop that is laced with a heavy string arrangement and some powerful drums for that extra touch of passion. Speaking of passion, Ballad’s performance oozes it. The Boston-based singer has plenty of power in his vocals, but he mixes it with a smooth, fluid approach to create that signature R&B sound. This effort is not part of anything larger, but if You need more, check out February feature Love You Down.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.