Even eminently smooth individuals like Ballad occasionally find themselves at a loss for words. Of course, the indie crooner still has a distinct advantage over us mere mortals; when speaking is too difficult, he can get the message across in musical form. On album lead single What to Say to You, making its world pemiere right here in The DJBooth, the crooner jumps on an eclectic, electronic beat by Jay Muse to express himself to an ex-lover who’s started to treat him like a stranger. Despite his wounded pride, Ballad manages to channel those hurt feelings into an upbeat, catchy cut that’s sure to leave R&B fans craving more. If you’re feeling it, keep it locked for further releases off Suite 89, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.