Even eminently smooth individuals like Ballad occasionally find themselves at a loss for words. Of course, the indie crooner still has a distinct advantage over us mere mortals; when speaking is too difficult, he can get the message across in musical form. On album lead single What to Say to You, making its world pemiere right here in The DJBooth, the crooner jumps on an eclectic, electronic beat by Jay Muse to express himself to an ex-lover who’s started to treat him like a stranger. Despite his wounded pride, Ballad manages to channel those hurt feelings into an upbeat, catchy cut that’s sure to leave R&B fans craving more. If you’re feeling it, keep it locked for further releases off Suite 89, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.