Even eminently smooth individuals like Ballad occasionally find themselves at a loss for words. Of course, the indie crooner still has a distinct advantage over us mere mortals; when speaking is too difficult, he can get the message across in musical form. On album lead single What to Say to You, making its world pemiere right here in The DJBooth, the crooner jumps on an eclectic, electronic beat by Jay Muse to express himself to an ex-lover who’s started to treat him like a stranger. Despite his wounded pride, Ballad manages to channel those hurt feelings into an upbeat, catchy cut that’s sure to leave R&B fans craving more. If you’re feeling it, keep it locked for further releases off Suite 89, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.