Even eminently smooth individuals like Ballad occasionally find themselves at a loss for words. Of course, the indie crooner still has a distinct advantage over us mere mortals; when speaking is too difficult, he can get the message across in musical form. On album lead single What to Say to You, making its world pemiere right here in The DJBooth, the crooner jumps on an eclectic, electronic beat by Jay Muse to express himself to an ex-lover who’s started to treat him like a stranger. Despite his wounded pride, Ballad manages to channel those hurt feelings into an upbeat, catchy cut that’s sure to leave R&B fans craving more. If you’re feeling it, keep it locked for further releases off Suite 89, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.