Even eminently smooth individuals like Ballad occasionally find themselves at a loss for words. Of course, the indie crooner still has a distinct advantage over us mere mortals; when speaking is too difficult, he can get the message across in musical form. On album lead single What to Say to You, making its world pemiere right here in The DJBooth, the crooner jumps on an eclectic, electronic beat by Jay Muse to express himself to an ex-lover who’s started to treat him like a stranger. Despite his wounded pride, Ballad manages to channel those hurt feelings into an upbeat, catchy cut that’s sure to leave R&B fans craving more. If you’re feeling it, keep it locked for further releases off Suite 89, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.