Since we’ve already received a little Love From Morocco it’s time to move on to some Other Loving from Angolan singer Ballad. (See what I did there?) Last Friday, Other Loving joined Something She Said as one of two sultry singles released by the up-and-coming singer. Thanks to a guest verse from Flo, Other Loving has a bit more of an upbeat, Hip-Hop edge compared to some of Ballad’s past releases. Production-wise Jay Muse mixes some early 90’s house music with a touch of modern day R&B, which in turn makes Other Loving quite the ideal club tune. Ballad doesn’t shy away from keeping it far from PG-13 as he touches on pulling hair, menage-a-trois’, and other adults-only commentary. Continue the “loving” when Ballad releases his Euphoria EP, due late July/early August.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.