Since we’ve already received a little Love From Morocco it’s time to move on to some Other Loving from Angolan singer Ballad. (See what I did there?) Last Friday, Other Loving joined Something She Said as one of two sultry singles released by the up-and-coming singer. Thanks to a guest verse from Flo, Other Loving has a bit more of an upbeat, Hip-Hop edge compared to some of Ballad’s past releases. Production-wise Jay Muse mixes some early 90’s house music with a touch of modern day R&B, which in turn makes Other Loving quite the ideal club tune. Ballad doesn’t shy away from keeping it far from PG-13 as he touches on pulling hair, menage-a-trois’, and other adults-only commentary. Continue the “loving” when Ballad releases his Euphoria EP, due late July/early August.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.