Since we’ve already received a little Love From Morocco it’s time to move on to some Other Loving from Angolan singer Ballad. (See what I did there?) Last Friday, Other Loving joined Something She Said as one of two sultry singles released by the up-and-coming singer. Thanks to a guest verse from Flo, Other Loving has a bit more of an upbeat, Hip-Hop edge compared to some of Ballad’s past releases. Production-wise Jay Muse mixes some early 90’s house music with a touch of modern day R&B, which in turn makes Other Loving quite the ideal club tune. Ballad doesn’t shy away from keeping it far from PG-13 as he touches on pulling hair, menage-a-trois’, and other adults-only commentary. Continue the “loving” when Ballad releases his Euphoria EP, due late July/early August.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.