Uh-oh, you forgot today was Valentines Day! This means all the premo flowers are long gone and there is no more chocolate! Don’t panic, though. Simply send your Valentine a link to Ballad‘s Hallmark holiday-themed ballad, Love You Down. Who wants a bouquet of roses when they could have a uniquely potent R&B record, which doubles as an exclusive DJBooth premiere? Setting the mood like candles, Jay Muse takes a drum and bass platform and drapes it in a synth that swoons like a schoolgirl at a middle school dance. A nice contrast to the haunting boardwork, Ballad’s soft, yet passionate vocals glide through the ambient backdrop and really keep the mood anchored for the entire five minute effort. If Ballad has you head over heels, let his Booth-hosted Euphoria album serve as your other Valentine.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/14/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.