Uh-oh, you forgot today was Valentines Day! This means all the premo flowers are long gone and there is no more chocolate! Don’t panic, though. Simply send your Valentine a link to Ballad‘s Hallmark holiday-themed ballad, Love You Down. Who wants a bouquet of roses when they could have a uniquely potent R&B record, which doubles as an exclusive DJBooth premiere? Setting the mood like candles, Jay Muse takes a drum and bass platform and drapes it in a synth that swoons like a schoolgirl at a middle school dance. A nice contrast to the haunting boardwork, Ballad’s soft, yet passionate vocals glide through the ambient backdrop and really keep the mood anchored for the entire five minute effort. If Ballad has you head over heels, let his Booth-hosted Euphoria album serve as your other Valentine.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)