Uh-oh, you forgot today was Valentines Day! This means all the premo flowers are long gone and there is no more chocolate! Don’t panic, though. Simply send your Valentine a link to Ballad‘s Hallmark holiday-themed ballad, Love You Down. Who wants a bouquet of roses when they could have a uniquely potent R&B record, which doubles as an exclusive DJBooth premiere? Setting the mood like candles, Jay Muse takes a drum and bass platform and drapes it in a synth that swoons like a schoolgirl at a middle school dance. A nice contrast to the haunting boardwork, Ballad’s soft, yet passionate vocals glide through the ambient backdrop and really keep the mood anchored for the entire five minute effort. If Ballad has you head over heels, let his Booth-hosted Euphoria album serve as your other Valentine.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/14/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)