Uh-oh, you forgot today was Valentines Day! This means all the premo flowers are long gone and there is no more chocolate! Don’t panic, though. Simply send your Valentine a link to Ballad‘s Hallmark holiday-themed ballad, Love You Down. Who wants a bouquet of roses when they could have a uniquely potent R&B record, which doubles as an exclusive DJBooth premiere? Setting the mood like candles, Jay Muse takes a drum and bass platform and drapes it in a synth that swoons like a schoolgirl at a middle school dance. A nice contrast to the haunting boardwork, Ballad’s soft, yet passionate vocals glide through the ambient backdrop and really keep the mood anchored for the entire five minute effort. If Ballad has you head over heels, let his Booth-hosted Euphoria album serve as your other Valentine.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.