Uh-oh, you forgot today was Valentines Day! This means all the premo flowers are long gone and there is no more chocolate! Don’t panic, though. Simply send your Valentine a link to Ballad‘s Hallmark holiday-themed ballad, Love You Down. Who wants a bouquet of roses when they could have a uniquely potent R&B record, which doubles as an exclusive DJBooth premiere? Setting the mood like candles, Jay Muse takes a drum and bass platform and drapes it in a synth that swoons like a schoolgirl at a middle school dance. A nice contrast to the haunting boardwork, Ballad’s soft, yet passionate vocals glide through the ambient backdrop and really keep the mood anchored for the entire five minute effort. If Ballad has you head over heels, let his Booth-hosted Euphoria album serve as your other Valentine.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.