A Luanda, Angola native who adapted to U.S. culture by studying the music and fashion of the late, great Michael Jackson, Ballad combines classic R&B/pop stylings with a uniquely global sensibility. Appropriately, the indie crooner’s first Booth feature finds him pairing a timeless theme with an exotic setting, sending a special woman his Love From the North African nation of Morocco. Jay Muses‘s low-key R&B production, a slow-burning groove driven by hand drums and sultry guitar riffs, finds the indie crooner pouring out his heart to a woman who’s half a world away. Proving that distance hasn’t done anything to dull his passion, he assures her, “There’s not a day, I don’t think about you.” Whether the apple of your eye is on the other side of the Atlantic or the other side of the bed, Ballad’s latest ballad is sure to stir up romantic feelings - and, in the latter case, possibly more. Those digging it should keep their browsers locked you-know-where for more fresh leaks off the artist’s Euphoria EP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers this spring.
Written by richard on 02/16/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Other Loving" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.