A Luanda, Angola native who adapted to U.S. culture by studying the music and fashion of the late, great Michael Jackson, Ballad combines classic R&B/pop stylings with a uniquely global sensibility. Appropriately, the indie crooner’s first Booth feature finds him pairing a timeless theme with an exotic setting, sending a special woman his Love From the North African nation of Morocco. Jay Muses‘s low-key R&B production, a slow-burning groove driven by hand drums and sultry guitar riffs, finds the indie crooner pouring out his heart to a woman who’s half a world away. Proving that distance hasn’t done anything to dull his passion, he assures her, “There’s not a day, I don’t think about you.” Whether the apple of your eye is on the other side of the Atlantic or the other side of the bed, Ballad’s latest ballad is sure to stir up romantic feelings - and, in the latter case, possibly more. Those digging it should keep their browsers locked you-know-where for more fresh leaks off the artist’s Euphoria EP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers this spring.
Written by richard on 02/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Other Loving" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.