Some artist stage names make no sense, but there remain a select few that are so damn fitting. Ballad is the perfect example of the latter. On his latest single, Lost in the World, he blends a variety of musical styles to create one powerful ballad. His smooth, yet striking vocals are heavily rooted in R&B, but his feathery, lively delivery gives the tune an edgy pop feel. Jay Muse‘s edgy guitar production also helps add some attitude to this refreshing record. If Lost in the World has piqued your interest, be sure to check out Ballad’s new project, Euphoria, when it drops this Tuesday via Audiomack.com. If you simply can’t wait, I recommend taking a listen to the artist’s last feature, 2012’s Other Loving.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.