Some artist stage names make no sense, but there remain a select few that are so damn fitting. Ballad is the perfect example of the latter. On his latest single, Lost in the World, he blends a variety of musical styles to create one powerful ballad. His smooth, yet striking vocals are heavily rooted in R&B, but his feathery, lively delivery gives the tune an edgy pop feel. Jay Muse‘s edgy guitar production also helps add some attitude to this refreshing record. If Lost in the World has piqued your interest, be sure to check out Ballad’s new project, Euphoria, when it drops this Tuesday via Audiomack.com. If you simply can’t wait, I recommend taking a listen to the artist’s last feature, 2012’s Other Loving.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.