Some artist stage names make no sense, but there remain a select few that are so damn fitting. Ballad is the perfect example of the latter. On his latest single, Lost in the World, he blends a variety of musical styles to create one powerful ballad. His smooth, yet striking vocals are heavily rooted in R&B, but his feathery, lively delivery gives the tune an edgy pop feel. Jay Muse‘s edgy guitar production also helps add some attitude to this refreshing record. If Lost in the World has piqued your interest, be sure to check out Ballad’s new project, Euphoria, when it drops this Tuesday via Audiomack.com. If you simply can’t wait, I recommend taking a listen to the artist’s last feature, 2012’s Other Loving.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/7/13
Unsigned R&B artist Ballad, who was first introduced to our readers back in February of 2012, with the memorable "Love From Morocco," has discharged his latest release, Euphoria. Included on the 14-track, free album is lead...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.