Some artist stage names make no sense, but there remain a select few that are so damn fitting. Ballad is the perfect example of the latter. On his latest single, Lost in the World, he blends a variety of musical styles to create one powerful ballad. His smooth, yet striking vocals are heavily rooted in R&B, but his feathery, lively delivery gives the tune an edgy pop feel. Jay Muse‘s edgy guitar production also helps add some attitude to this refreshing record. If Lost in the World has piqued your interest, be sure to check out Ballad’s new project, Euphoria, when it drops this Tuesday via Audiomack.com. If you simply can’t wait, I recommend taking a listen to the artist’s last feature, 2012’s Other Loving.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love From Morocco" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)