Once enough experience is gained in this industry, virtually all production teams decide to expand their business and start a record label (see Cool & Dre). Joining this non-exclusive club is Florida duo, The Runners, who have launched their Runners Music Group with Orlando MC, Bali. On his first single, Everywhere Ya Boy Go, Bali brings out the usual stunt-on-‘em-all approach, boasting about the skills he has to turn a lesbian straight. The new endeavor, which allows Dru Brett and Mayne Zayne to “produce outside the box,” will have audiences clueless over the production nod (that is without their trademark “ahhhhh!” effect off the top). Bali: The Come Up, Vol. 1 is available online now.
Written by Burmy on 03/4/08
Submit your Rating
Runners Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold Me Down" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.