Once enough experience is gained in this industry, virtually all production teams decide to expand their business and start a record label (see Cool & Dre). Joining this non-exclusive club is Florida duo, The Runners, who have launched their Runners Music Group with Orlando MC, Bali. On his first single, Everywhere Ya Boy Go, Bali brings out the usual stunt-on-‘em-all approach, boasting about the skills he has to turn a lesbian straight. The new endeavor, which allows Dru Brett and Mayne Zayne to “produce outside the box,” will have audiences clueless over the production nod (that is without their trademark “ahhhhh!” effect off the top). Bali: The Come Up, Vol. 1 is available online now.
Written by Burmy on 03/4/08
Submit your Rating
Runners Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold Me Down" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.