When your hustle starts to grow so big that a single nation can no longer hold it, then there’s only one thing to do about it: go World Wide! The latest West Coast representative to assert himself on the national scale, Balance celebrates his global preeminence on the latest leak off his long-awaited new EP. Dae One goes old-school on the production tip, serving up a gritty brass loop to back the Oakland native’s imperious braggadocio and MAC-toting ‘hood talk. An international baller requires a world-class crew and, appropriately, the freestyle series contributor rolls with two formidable spitters: flanking the headliner, Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh opens the record on an aggressively witty note, and South Bronx emcee Chaundon brings the cut to a close with a wry, cynical take on the state of the (major-label) game: “You see the dopest rappers, they are no longer alive / Still I can see Jay, but he’d prolly have me killed. / Or sign me—either way, preventing me to build.” Does this earth-shaking banger leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Balance and Dae One’s B-Dae EP, scheduled to drop October 4.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bootleg Liquor" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.