When your hustle starts to grow so big that a single nation can no longer hold it, then there’s only one thing to do about it: go World Wide! The latest West Coast representative to assert himself on the national scale, Balance celebrates his global preeminence on the latest leak off his long-awaited new EP. Dae One goes old-school on the production tip, serving up a gritty brass loop to back the Oakland native’s imperious braggadocio and MAC-toting ‘hood talk. An international baller requires a world-class crew and, appropriately, the freestyle series contributor rolls with two formidable spitters: flanking the headliner, Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh opens the record on an aggressively witty note, and South Bronx emcee Chaundon brings the cut to a close with a wry, cynical take on the state of the (major-label) game: “You see the dopest rappers, they are no longer alive / Still I can see Jay, but he’d prolly have me killed. / Or sign me—either way, preventing me to build.” Does this earth-shaking banger leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Balance and Dae One’s B-Dae EP, scheduled to drop October 4.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bootleg Liquor" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.