If the title of Balance‘s latest feature has you humming the Rick James-inspired bassline from U Can’t Touch This, then stop! Hammer Time has absolutely nothing to do with Stanley Burrell or his 1990 hit, so it’s best to approach it with fresh ears. His first Booth feature since April 2012’s Head Snap Back, this promo cut sees the Bay Area representative celebrating his rising status and tough-talking his foes in confident, conversational verses. Masked producer Zorro provides a beat worthy of a laid-back street banger, layering airy vocal samples over a leisurely rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find Hammer Time and much more on Balance’s We All in 2 tape, dropping digitally July 1. While you wait, why not check out the artist’s guest contribution to Greenspan‘s fall-2013 single, Day at a Time?
Written by richard on 02/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bootleg Liquor" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.