Back in the day my friend’s sister’s boyfriend (follow that?) Juan gave us some rum that he and his brothers had made in their bathtub, and it wasn’t until the next day that I could finally stand up again. Fortunately, I’m having a much better experience with Bootleg Liquor this time around, thanks to Bay Area emcee, Booth newcomer and lyrical liquor provider Balance. Honestly, with a production as huge as the pounding, heavily snared beat Noah Ayala provides, any emcee wouldn’t have had to do much to sound dope, but Balance not only delivers some murderous bars, he brings along fellow west coasters Fashawn, Mistah F.A.B. and Thurzday (of U-N-I) for some of the rawer mic work I’ve heard in a minute. You won’t get many chances to consume something this strong without waking up with a hangover, so drink up Booth residents. For more shots hip-hop goodness, be sure to cop Balance’s upcoming album We All In, set to invade the world on March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Here Now" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.