Back in the day my friend’s sister’s boyfriend (follow that?) Juan gave us some rum that he and his brothers had made in their bathtub, and it wasn’t until the next day that I could finally stand up again. Fortunately, I’m having a much better experience with Bootleg Liquor this time around, thanks to Bay Area emcee, Booth newcomer and lyrical liquor provider Balance. Honestly, with a production as huge as the pounding, heavily snared beat Noah Ayala provides, any emcee wouldn’t have had to do much to sound dope, but Balance not only delivers some murderous bars, he brings along fellow west coasters Fashawn, Mistah F.A.B. and Thurzday (of U-N-I) for some of the rawer mic work I’ve heard in a minute. You won’t get many chances to consume something this strong without waking up with a hangover, so drink up Booth residents. For more shots hip-hop goodness, be sure to cop Balance’s upcoming album We All In, set to invade the world on March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Here Now" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.