Back in the day my friend’s sister’s boyfriend (follow that?) Juan gave us some rum that he and his brothers had made in their bathtub, and it wasn’t until the next day that I could finally stand up again. Fortunately, I’m having a much better experience with Bootleg Liquor this time around, thanks to Bay Area emcee, Booth newcomer and lyrical liquor provider Balance. Honestly, with a production as huge as the pounding, heavily snared beat Noah Ayala provides, any emcee wouldn’t have had to do much to sound dope, but Balance not only delivers some murderous bars, he brings along fellow west coasters Fashawn, Mistah F.A.B. and Thurzday (of U-N-I) for some of the rawer mic work I’ve heard in a minute. You won’t get many chances to consume something this strong without waking up with a hangover, so drink up Booth residents. For more shots hip-hop goodness, be sure to cop Balance’s upcoming album We All In, set to invade the world on March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Here Now" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.