Back in the day my friend’s sister’s boyfriend (follow that?) Juan gave us some rum that he and his brothers had made in their bathtub, and it wasn’t until the next day that I could finally stand up again. Fortunately, I’m having a much better experience with Bootleg Liquor this time around, thanks to Bay Area emcee, Booth newcomer and lyrical liquor provider Balance. Honestly, with a production as huge as the pounding, heavily snared beat Noah Ayala provides, any emcee wouldn’t have had to do much to sound dope, but Balance not only delivers some murderous bars, he brings along fellow west coasters Fashawn, Mistah F.A.B. and Thurzday (of U-N-I) for some of the rawer mic work I’ve heard in a minute. You won’t get many chances to consume something this strong without waking up with a hangover, so drink up Booth residents. For more shots hip-hop goodness, be sure to cop Balance’s upcoming album We All In, set to invade the world on March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/9/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Here Now" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.