You can’t deny the power of live instrumentation and with a band consisting of seven members, California’s own Balance and the Traveling Sounds is chock-full of just that. The group was first featured in the DJBooth back in October, upon the release of I’m Comin Back, but they’ve thankfully returned with the Amanda Martinez-directed visuals for their single Jump To It. The self-produced single is a welcoming mix of drums, saxophone, strings, and vocals courtesy of singer Mike Eddie and MC KIRB. The video, which features a pool party complete with plenty of Orisue brew, easily mimics the fun, lighthearted nature of Jump To It. If Balance and the Traveling Sounds have fallen back onto your radar then downloading their Orisue-sponsored Lost Luggage EP is a must.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.