You can’t deny the power of live instrumentation and with a band consisting of seven members, California’s own Balance and the Traveling Sounds is chock-full of just that. The group was first featured in the DJBooth back in October, upon the release of I’m Comin Back, but they’ve thankfully returned with the Amanda Martinez-directed visuals for their single Jump To It. The self-produced single is a welcoming mix of drums, saxophone, strings, and vocals courtesy of singer Mike Eddie and MC KIRB. The video, which features a pool party complete with plenty of Orisue brew, easily mimics the fun, lighthearted nature of Jump To It. If Balance and the Traveling Sounds have fallen back onto your radar then downloading their Orisue-sponsored Lost Luggage EP is a must.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.