Try as hard as you can in the next week to turn on MTV Jams or satellite radio, and not hear the Bake Up Boyz buzz single, Now I Can Do That, featuring Jim Jones. Operating independently, without even the help of a Koch or Universal Republic, this Flint, Michigan, quartet continues to cook up their main course, Fresh Out The Kitchen. Before it is served, however, they have decided to team up with former Shady DJ Green Lantern for the mixtape appetizer, The Cook Up: Still In The Kitchen. Like Now I Can Do That, the mixtape single Ain’t No Sense In Y’All Hatin’ once again features the Boyz collaborating with a notable guest feature (Rick Ross). So, does the song make for a tasty treat or should the Bake Up Boyz go back to cooking school? You be the taste-tester.
Written by Burmy on 03/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now I Can Do That ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.