Try as hard as you can in the next week to turn on MTV Jams or satellite radio, and not hear the Bake Up Boyz buzz single, Now I Can Do That, featuring Jim Jones. Operating independently, without even the help of a Koch or Universal Republic, this Flint, Michigan, quartet continues to cook up their main course, Fresh Out The Kitchen. Before it is served, however, they have decided to team up with former Shady DJ Green Lantern for the mixtape appetizer, The Cook Up: Still In The Kitchen. Like Now I Can Do That, the mixtape single Ain’t No Sense In Y’All Hatin’ once again features the Boyz collaborating with a notable guest feature (Rick Ross). So, does the song make for a tasty treat or should the Bake Up Boyz go back to cooking school? You be the taste-tester.
Written by Burmy on 03/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now I Can Do That ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.