Try as hard as you can in the next week to turn on MTV Jams or satellite radio, and not hear the Bake Up Boyz buzz single, Now I Can Do That, featuring Jim Jones. Operating independently, without even the help of a Koch or Universal Republic, this Flint, Michigan, quartet continues to cook up their main course, Fresh Out The Kitchen. Before it is served, however, they have decided to team up with former Shady DJ Green Lantern for the mixtape appetizer, The Cook Up: Still In The Kitchen. Like Now I Can Do That, the mixtape single Ain’t No Sense In Y’All Hatin’ once again features the Boyz collaborating with a notable guest feature (Rick Ross). So, does the song make for a tasty treat or should the Bake Up Boyz go back to cooking school? You be the taste-tester.
Written by Burmy on 03/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now I Can Do That ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.