When writing feature blurbs, I try to avoid standard words like “dope,” “sick” and “cool,” but I don’t know how to describe the latest feature from Baiyu except to say that it’s Fire. (It just so happens that’s also the title of the cut.) Producers Polo Crew establish an air of beauty and mystery on the production tip, pairing an ambient foundation with an edgy, cutting synth. Atop the beat, Baiyu impresses with a dynamic vocal performance. She employs a feathery, airy tone for the cut’s lighter parts but, once the mechanized effects crash in, she complements the instrumental with a more powerful delivery. There is no word on anything larger, but those craving more are highly encouraged to check out Baiyu’s last DJBooth feature, Skip a Beat.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mourning Hangover" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.