When writing feature blurbs, I try to avoid standard words like “dope,” “sick” and “cool,” but I don’t know how to describe the latest feature from Baiyu except to say that it’s Fire. (It just so happens that’s also the title of the cut.) Producers Polo Crew establish an air of beauty and mystery on the production tip, pairing an ambient foundation with an edgy, cutting synth. Atop the beat, Baiyu impresses with a dynamic vocal performance. She employs a feathery, airy tone for the cut’s lighter parts but, once the mechanized effects crash in, she complements the instrumental with a more powerful delivery. There is no word on anything larger, but those craving more are highly encouraged to check out Baiyu’s last DJBooth feature, Skip a Beat.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mourning Hangover" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.