When writing feature blurbs, I try to avoid standard words like “dope,” “sick” and “cool,” but I don’t know how to describe the latest feature from Baiyu except to say that it’s Fire. (It just so happens that’s also the title of the cut.) Producers Polo Crew establish an air of beauty and mystery on the production tip, pairing an ambient foundation with an edgy, cutting synth. Atop the beat, Baiyu impresses with a dynamic vocal performance. She employs a feathery, airy tone for the cut’s lighter parts but, once the mechanized effects crash in, she complements the instrumental with a more powerful delivery. There is no word on anything larger, but those craving more are highly encouraged to check out Baiyu’s last DJBooth feature, Skip a Beat.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mourning Hangover" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.