When writing feature blurbs, I try to avoid standard words like “dope,” “sick” and “cool,” but I don’t know how to describe the latest feature from Baiyu except to say that it’s Fire. (It just so happens that’s also the title of the cut.) Producers Polo Crew establish an air of beauty and mystery on the production tip, pairing an ambient foundation with an edgy, cutting synth. Atop the beat, Baiyu impresses with a dynamic vocal performance. She employs a feathery, airy tone for the cut’s lighter parts but, once the mechanized effects crash in, she complements the instrumental with a more powerful delivery. There is no word on anything larger, but those craving more are highly encouraged to check out Baiyu’s last DJBooth feature, Skip a Beat.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mourning Hangover" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.