I’m sure we’re all familiar with the popular adage, “It’s easier to forget than to forgive.” Okay, in actuality the popular saying is the exact opposite of that, but if her debut feature I Forget You is any indication then I’m sure DJBooth newcomer Bago will be completely co-sign my adage mix-up. Hailing from Los Angeles, the West Coast songstress describes her music as being “for the screwed, blued, and tattooed” and her DJBooth debut is quite evident of that peculiar combination. Within seconds of the song’s start you’re hit with Bago’s uniquely soulful vocals, which become even more hypnotizing given San Francisco beatsmith Alexander Spit‘s quirky production. Although the soulstress may be new to our pages, her Sunday’s Best project was released over the summer via Complex.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Breathtaking Trip" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.