I’m sure we’re all familiar with the popular adage, “It’s easier to forget than to forgive.” Okay, in actuality the popular saying is the exact opposite of that, but if her debut feature I Forget You is any indication then I’m sure DJBooth newcomer Bago will be completely co-sign my adage mix-up. Hailing from Los Angeles, the West Coast songstress describes her music as being “for the screwed, blued, and tattooed” and her DJBooth debut is quite evident of that peculiar combination. Within seconds of the song’s start you’re hit with Bago’s uniquely soulful vocals, which become even more hypnotizing given San Francisco beatsmith Alexander Spit‘s quirky production. Although the soulstress may be new to our pages, her Sunday’s Best project was released over the summer via Complex.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Breathtaking Trip" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.