Believe it or not, there’s such a thing as being too smooth. Take Badio, for example. New single Want To, the Virginia-residing rhymesayer’s first feature since 2010 DJBooth debut Kiss the Sky, finds him struggling to convince a shawty that his style, wit and charm aren’t simply a façade. Though it may seem to good to be true, he’s really just that perfect. Flowing over fellow Va. repper JFK‘s jazzy, sampled boardwork (dig that bassline!), the artist pleads with the woman in question to trust her intuition over her preconceptions and give him a chance. Complete with an official video directed by Badio himself, this joint is slated to appear on forthcoming street album #WHATSBADIO2. The long-awaited project as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further news and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)