Believe it or not, there’s such a thing as being too smooth. Take Badio, for example. New single Want To, the Virginia-residing rhymesayer’s first feature since 2010 DJBooth debut Kiss the Sky, finds him struggling to convince a shawty that his style, wit and charm aren’t simply a façade. Though it may seem to good to be true, he’s really just that perfect. Flowing over fellow Va. repper JFK‘s jazzy, sampled boardwork (dig that bassline!), the artist pleads with the woman in question to trust her intuition over her preconceptions and give him a chance. Complete with an official video directed by Badio himself, this joint is slated to appear on forthcoming street album #WHATSBADIO2. The long-awaited project as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further news and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.