Believe it or not, there’s such a thing as being too smooth. Take Badio, for example. New single Want To, the Virginia-residing rhymesayer’s first feature since 2010 DJBooth debut Kiss the Sky, finds him struggling to convince a shawty that his style, wit and charm aren’t simply a façade. Though it may seem to good to be true, he’s really just that perfect. Flowing over fellow Va. repper JFK‘s jazzy, sampled boardwork (dig that bassline!), the artist pleads with the woman in question to trust her intuition over her preconceptions and give him a chance. Complete with an official video directed by Badio himself, this joint is slated to appear on forthcoming street album #WHATSBADIO2. The long-awaited project as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further news and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.