Believe it or not, there’s such a thing as being too smooth. Take Badio, for example. New single Want To, the Virginia-residing rhymesayer’s first feature since 2010 DJBooth debut Kiss the Sky, finds him struggling to convince a shawty that his style, wit and charm aren’t simply a façade. Though it may seem to good to be true, he’s really just that perfect. Flowing over fellow Va. repper JFK‘s jazzy, sampled boardwork (dig that bassline!), the artist pleads with the woman in question to trust her intuition over her preconceptions and give him a chance. Complete with an official video directed by Badio himself, this joint is slated to appear on forthcoming street album #WHATSBADIO2. The long-awaited project as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further news and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.