Sure I love me some M&Ms, but after a while, no matter how delicious, the same thing gets boring, so I’ll pick up a Snickers or, if I’m feeling particularly adventurous, maybe even a Butterfinger. Ok, so maybe that wasn’t the best introduction to Boston rock/r&b/misc. crew Bad Rabbits, making their DJBooth debut today with their foot-stomping Can’t Back Down, but you get the point. Sonically producer Jayson Dezuzio works with the band to create an instantly danceable backdrop, while vocally I’m sure I won’t be the only one who will be reminded of some old school Prince (or whatever he’s calling himself now). Personally I was digging the change of pace, but I can’t speak for the rest of the Booth. So how about it? Are the Bad Rabbits something “different” in the exciting sense, or “different” in the “I don’t want to insult you so I’ll just say you’re different” sense? Those feeling this musical change of pace should look out for the Bad Rabbits on tour (including SXSW) and on their latest album Stick Up Kids, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Trix Are for Kids" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.