Sure I love me some M&Ms, but after a while, no matter how delicious, the same thing gets boring, so I’ll pick up a Snickers or, if I’m feeling particularly adventurous, maybe even a Butterfinger. Ok, so maybe that wasn’t the best introduction to Boston rock/r&b/misc. crew Bad Rabbits, making their DJBooth debut today with their foot-stomping Can’t Back Down, but you get the point. Sonically producer Jayson Dezuzio works with the band to create an instantly danceable backdrop, while vocally I’m sure I won’t be the only one who will be reminded of some old school Prince (or whatever he’s calling himself now). Personally I was digging the change of pace, but I can’t speak for the rest of the Booth. So how about it? Are the Bad Rabbits something “different” in the exciting sense, or “different” in the “I don’t want to insult you so I’ll just say you’re different” sense? Those feeling this musical change of pace should look out for the Bad Rabbits on tour (including SXSW) and on their latest album Stick Up Kids, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Trix Are for Kids" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.